Leadership & Public Speaking
A unique 2 Day intensive Workshop on 17th & 18th Nov 2018
• Developing interpersonal skills that facilitate communication and manage conflicts.
• Learning to work with groups to solve problems and accomplish projects.
• Holding performance discussion for changing behavior and enhanced productivity.
• Understanding clearly when to manage and when to lead the team.
• Understanding styles of leadership and assessing one’s own leadership behavior.
• Using effective communications to motivate, coach and to inspire.
• Understanding leadership styles and developing acumen to adapt according to the demands of situation.
• Understanding and developing an ability to align vision with the individual team members for better performance.
• How to integrate leadership and managerial roles understanding; when to be a leader and when to be a manager.
• Understanding and distinguishing the different team types.
• How to explore the principles that make a particular team work.
• Understanding decision making tools for strategic decisions.
What makes a Great Leader:
• Definition of an effective Leader
• Traits of a Strong Leader
• Leadership Styles
• Leading v/s Managing
• Understanding each person’s capability & capacity
• Developing Trust
• Non interference after delegation
• Characteristics of a good team
• Emphasizing the importance of Vision in aligning team performance
• Integrating one’s leadership and Managerial Goals
• Using a Leader’s role as motivator and coach
• Understanding the principles that make teams work
• Employing a work team simulation.
Leader as a Manager of People:
• Analytical Thinking
• 7 Steps Decision Making
• Taking Fast Decisions
• Dealing with Procrastination
• Understanding the Role of a Manager
• Enhanced Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to Delegate effectively and monitor the progress
• Improving the Team efficiency continuously
• Getting the best results from people
• Minimizing personal stress
Leader as a Facilitator of Organizational Change:
• Purpose - Set the goal you want to achieve
• Plan - Formulate a plan designed to achieve the goal
• Action - Implement the plan of action
• Feedback - Check the feedback results of the action you are taking
• Change - Where the plan is not working change the plan of action
• Repeat - Return to step 3 and repeat. Continue until the goal is achieved
Leader as a Motivator:
• Defining culture, values and mission of the organization.
• Motivating team members to align their activities with the mission through story telling techniques.
• Developing ability to be active listeners.
• Leader as a critical thinking.
Leader as a Strategic Thinker:
• Dimensions of Strategic Decisions
• Characteristics of Strategic Decisions
• Types of Decision Making
• Conditions for Decision Making
• Models of Decision Making
Good Memory & Public Speaking Skills are essential attributes of an effective leader. The workshop will deal with these two aspects of Leadership in-depth. Details are as under:
Public Speaking is a great personality asset as well as a dire need, today. Almost everywhere executives, business owners, leaders, managers and even students have to make presentations of one kind or another. We all know that Public Speaking is not easy. Yet due to its growing importance we have to do whatever it takes to become good speakers. Memory happens to be one of the very important resources for a good public speaker.
Developing & Using Memory:
i. Raise level of self-awareness
ii. Focus to complete the job at hand