Public Speaking in Pandemic era has assumed even greater importance. No doubt Public Speaking was always vital for a good personality, but during the COVID-19 time it has become a necessity, an essential skill.
One may ask why? The following are the reasons:
1. Work from home (WFH) has become a set norm.
This means that you have to communicate better than before since you are not present on the scene and must create or understand the work virtually.
2. More jobs are now designated for the WFH system.
For example in the Technology sector almost 95% staff is now assigned to work from home. Other jobs in this category come – Trainers and Teachers, Tele-health professionals, affiliate marketers, bloggers, clinical or other research coordinators and various others. Even when the domain knowledge for all such professionals is near excellent unless, they are adept in communication skills, the efficacy of their work will always pose a question mark.
3. Meetings on platforms like Zoom, Webex, Google Meet, and other similar platforms are gaining popularity by the day.
While, in the physical office a team member always has the possibility of consulting the seniors as and when required, but under WFH, this is no longer possible. Therefore adept communication skills are needed much more than before.
What constitutes good communication skills?
1. One has to be adept in written and verbal communication, and use the language without verbosity.
The communication should be very expressive. You should be able to convey what you have in mind.
2. Confident, articulate and professional speaking abilities are essential.
Any deficiency in these qualities will act as a handicap in instructing team members. However, if you are a team member you need to understand, which again requires good communication.
3. One has to be an emphatic listener and a persuasive speaker.
This requires all the qualities of a good public speaker. Whether you are speaking in public, or to groups or via the electronic media, the importance of clarity, voice modulation, and an attractive tone of voice can hardly be overstated.
4. First-rate presentation skills and adept negotiation skills
also are needed by anyone who wants to progress in the new scheme of things, which have become a standard.
Nimble’s organizes weekly Webinars every Wednesday.
Six Tips to effectively communicate in virtual meetings:
1. You must have an effective agenda for the meeting. This will keep you on track and help you avoid diversions.
2. Start and finish the meeting as per the appointed time. The meetings should be short and crisp.
3. Dress for business, as if you are attending an office. Do not be lax in your physical appearance knowing that you are joining the meeting from home.
4. Meet and greet as if you are coming to office and various people.
5. The sound quality and lighting both need proper attention to give best.
6. Meeting etiquette where one person speaks at a time must be followed; all others must listen in mute mode.
Join the next webinar on 30.06.2021
to learn more about our online training. REGISTER NOW! https://forms.gle/bJT4kCbxku2Whtcu8
Dr. Bindu Variath (Ph. D.) (Vice Principal, K.C. Law College) : “I improved a lot.”
Mr. B. Prakash (HR Dept., Godrej) : "I can feel my level of confidence is getting improved session by session."
Narender Singh (IIM Udaipur): “Extraordinary and genius effort to inculcate the Voice qualities in individuals.”